BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Oct. 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The American Gardens Rose Selections™ (AGRS) testing program has announced its selections for 2021.
The AGRS™ testing program recognizes roses that are easy to care for, disease-resistant and suitable for different regions of the country. In addition, awards are given for fragrance to help guide consumers who desire roses for their fragrance.
The 2021 AGRS™ winners are:
- Brick House™ – Regional Choice Award Winner in the Northwest, Northeast, and South Central Regions. Bred by Meilland®. Introduced by Star Roses & Plants.
- Brindabella Purple Prince™ – Regional Choice Award Winner in the Northeast, South Central, and Southwest Regions. Bred by Sylivia E. and John C. Gray. Introduced by Sun-Fire Nurseries.
- Easy to Please™ – Regional Choice Award Winner in the Northeast, Northwest, South Central, and Southeast Regions. Bred by Christian Bédard. Introduced by Weeks Roses.
- Sweet Spirit™ – Regional Choice Award Winner in all regions and Fragrance Award Winner. Bred by Meilland®. Introduced by Star Roses & Plants.
- Top Gun™ – Regional Choice Award Winner in the North Central, Southeast, and Southwest Regions. Bred by Tom Carruth. Introduced by Weeks Roses.
- Tropica – Regional Choice Award Winner in the Northwest, North Central, Southwest, and South Central Regions. Bred by Ping Lim. Introduced by True Bloom™ Roses.
All roses entered into the AGRS™ are tested for two years in six different geographical regions, each containing two test gardens. Additional characteristics that are evaluated include: vigor, foliage proportion, plant habit, flowering effect, rebloom habit, bloom form, aging quality of blooms, fragrance and hardiness. In order for a variety to be granted an award, it must demonstrate superior performance in at least least three (3) of the six (6) regions entered.
By recognizing and recommending the best garden-worthy rose varieties for the various regions of the United States through testing, the AGRS™ has the goal of providing objective and reliable information to the general public.
To learn more about the American Garden Rose Selections™, visit http://www.americangardenroseselections.com
Press release distributed by PRLog
SOURCE American Garden Rose Selections